Presented by NHBSR, in partnership with the University of New Hampshire
What is the Climate Action Challenge?
- An eight-week program designed to engage you and your workplace team in climate action! No expertise needed, only passion! There are four modules; each is two weeks in duration.
Module 1: The Science Behind Climate Change
Module 2: Business as a Force for Change
Module 3: Climate Strategies & Opportunities
Module 4: Putting the Action Into Climate Action
- Every week you will receive two emails with readings and extensive resources. Get a quick summary on the topic or dig deeper – you choose!
- At the end of each module, you'll have the opportunity to hear from local experts in climate change and action. They'll bring to life all the ideas presented throughout the challenge.
The Science & the Impacts of Climate Change
Dr. Cameron Wake, University of New Hampshire Sustainability Institute
The Road to Net Zero: Strategies that Work
Panelists: Jenny Levy, EVP at Hypertherm, UNH Carbon Clinic Representative, Joe VanGombos Unitil's Senior Energy Efficiency Coordinator, Jessica Wilcox Transportation Program Specialist at NHDES
Climate Strategies & Opportunities
Panelists: Sam Evans-Brown (Clean Energy NH), Robin Tindall (Hypertherm), Dana Bourne (Stonyfield Organic), Theresa Conn (NEMO Equipment)
Putting the Action into Climate Action
Panelists: Tom Etheridge (EarthShift Global), UNH Carbon Clinic Representative, Tom Greiner (Pure Strategies), Brad Peirce (Sustainability Mindshift)
- By the end of the Challenge, you'll have the foundation for your Climate Action Plan! This program will guide you step-by-step to create an action plan to begin to combat climate change within your organization, while being mindful of environmental sustainability and environmental justice.
Why take the Challenge?
- Learn the science, local impact and opportunities to create change
- Develop actionable plans
- Connect with other businesses and community professionals interested in having positive impact in addressing the challenges we are facing
- Become the change you wish to see!
What is the program cost?
- Our inaugural offering will be free to all thanks to our sponsors. Future offerings will only be free to NHBSR members.
Our thanks to our sponsors for making this program possible!